Minimum Education, Qualifications, and/or Work Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Valid Nebraska’s driver’s license
- 19 years or older
- Medication Aid Certified
- First Aid Certified
- CPR Certified
- Bloodbourne Pathogens
- Crisis Intervention training
- Other Training (lifting, van driving, normalization, sensitivity training, etc.)
- Assist clients with behavioral challenges.
- Effective communication skills: positive and proactive.
- Provide personal care/hygiene with dignity and respect to the individual.
- Supervising the safety of the client at home or in the community.
- Provide habilitative training per ISP programs.
- Keep records in Therap (T-logs, ISP program data, billing, GERs, etc.).
- Transport client to activities.
- Take participants to medical appointments.
- Report any information of concern to Managers in a timely manner.
- Maintain the house/apartment/yard, etc. (Keep the house clean and in good repair).
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Prepare meals.
- Assist with medication administration per training.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in verbal and written communication, including the ability to actively listen and express oneself clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment with frequent one-on-one and group interaction.
- Ability to remain calm and respond constructively in a crisis or difficult situation.
- Ability to manage one’s behavior professionally when dealing with difficult people and situations.
- Ability to anticipate, diagnose and solve problems independently.
- Ability to detect discrepancies in data and in written documents by possessing strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Essential Functional (Physical) Requirements:
Involves lifting no more than 50 lbs at a time and occasionally lifting or carrying supplies. May be required to assist lifting individuals that can bear weight. A certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary for carrying out job duties. Must have vision correctable to at least 20/40 in order to use tools and perform tasks associated with the job.